Inverness’s Christmas & Winter Festivals
What can I expect?
- Inverness’ winter festivities begin with the Christmas Lights Switch On, usually held late November. Watch the city light up.
- Take the family to Whin Park for some festive frolics at the Winter Wonderland in December. Meet Santa and his reindeers, walk amongst the beautifully lit trees and enjoy the thrills of the fairground rides.
- Panto? Oh yes you can! Catch a traditional performance of rib-tickling family entertainment or Christmas show at Eden Court Theatre, or attend one of the carol singing services held at various venues across Inverness – there might just be mulled wine and mince pies on the go, too!
Need some stocking fillers?
Those perfect pressies for your loved ones aren’t going to buy themselves! Inverness’ city centre is ideal for stocking up for Christmas thanks to its great travel links, compact main streets and central shopping centre, and you’ll also find some incredible seasonal craft fairs on offer.
- From top fashions to state-of-the-art electronics, browse over 60 stores in the Eastgate Shopping Centre.
- Explore the charms of the Victorian Market to find some unique present options.
- Looking for that hardback first edition? Pop into Leakey’s second-hand bookshop. The shop, in a converted church, is believed to be one of the largest of its kind in Scotland, making it the ideal place to pick up a few treasures for your bookworms in your life.
- Eden Court Theatre and Brodie Castle, near Nairn, traditionally host Christmas fairs stocked with beautiful arts and crafts and delicious edibles, ideal for those special gifts.